It is that time of year again! I’m participating in Collega + Aveda Earth Month, in support of WaterAid to help end the world water crisis. With our efforts, thousands in Madagascar will gain access to clean, drinkable water for the first time in their life.
Now to hit you with some facts:
- 844 million people worldwide live without access to clean, drinkable water.
- 31% of schools dont have clean water.
- Diarrhea caused by dirty water and poor toilets kills a child under 5 every 2 minutes.
Without safe water or sanitation, people are trapped in a cycle of poverty and disease. Across the developing world, millions of people are wasting precious time collecting dirty water and children are suffering from preventable illness.
Together, we can work with providing communities practical and sustainable water projects that meet their needs.
- $25 can provide access to clean, drinkable water for one
- $50 can give a village a toolkit to maintain a water point
- $100 can provide a family with clean, drinkable water